Trees add structure and beauty to a landscape, as well as providing practical uses like energy conservation by providing shade, air purification, noise reduction and even providing branches to swing from.
Our custom tree services maintain the health and enhance the beauty of the trees of our homeowners and commercial clients in the San Gabriel valley, Pasadena, Altadena, South Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia, La Canada, Glendale, Sierra Madre, and Los Angeles county. We will also identify and remove hazard trees to protect your and your neighbors’ properties. Consult this Tree Hazard Check List if you are concerned about the condition of any of your trees.
Not only does proper pruning enhance the beauty of your trees, it is also crucial for their health. Removing dead wood, reducing wind resistance, correcting weak branching habits, and improving the appearance and safety of your trees is essential in any landscape maintenance plan. Regular pruning will improve the insect and disease resistance of a tree, helping your trees last for generations to come. We highly recommend regular pruning for maintenance and hazard reduction to maintain and improve tree health and structure.
We offer the following types of pruning:
- Crown Cleaning – the selective removal of the following: dead, dying, diseased crowded branches, weak branches lower vigor branches and water sprouts from the tree canopy, shrub or hedge.
- Crown Thinning – the selective removal of branches on young trees to promote better form, while increasing light penetration and air circulation throughout the canopy. Thinning also lessens wind resistance and damage potential from storms and reduces weight on heavy limbs.
- Crown Raising/Elevating – the removal of the lower branches of a developing or mature tree to provide clearance above lawns, sidewalks, and driveways.
- Crown Reduction, or Crown Shaping – decreases the height and/or spread of a tree canopy by pruning back leaders. Done properly, crown reduction is different from topping because branches are removed immediately above lateral branches, leaving no stubs.
- Structural/Vista Pruning – careful thinning of limbs or areas of the crown to improve a tree’s appearance, allow for a view, or to maintain space between other trees, buildings, or power lines.
- Crown Restoration – attempts to improve the structure, health and appearance of trees which have been severely topped, vandalized, or storm damaged.
Mulch cools the soil and retains more moisture, providing trees with a stable, happy root environment. Mulch can also provide a safety barrier by keeping machines such as lawnmowers and weed whackers away from the tree’s base, as well as assisting in the reduction of weeds and turf.
Tree and Stump Removal
Although tree removal should usually be a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. We recommend removing a tree when it has died, is considered hazardous, is causing an obstruction that pruning can’t correct, when there is crowding or a tree is causing harm to surrounding trees, or you are replacing the tree with one that is more desirable.
Our certified Arborists will inspect the condition of your tree and recommend what measures you should take to ensure safety and tree health. When tree removal is necessary, our removal specialists use the most up-to-date equipment to remove the tree several inches below ground level, leaving your landscape clear of stumps.
Site and Species Selection
Not every tree will grow and thrive in every climate nor in every corner of your landscape. We understand the complexity of trees and will use this expertise to assist you in selecting, planting, and caring for your trees. Whether they are specimens selected by you or recommended by us, we will plant your trees to achieve the landscape effect you desire.
Emergency Storm Damage
Please contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to remove trees and stumps in the event of storm damage.
Cabling and Bracing
Tree cabling and bracing provides trees additional structural support through the installation of flexible steel strand cables and braces. Cabling helps reduce stress damage from high winds, heavy foliage and other trauma. We can help strengthen weak branches or limbs, improving tree longevity and reducing potential risk.
We are happy to assist you in chipping brush upon request.